Some people says “ Don’t judge a book based on its cover “, “ Don’t judge people based on their looks “. Another society condition to makes misunderstand between us.
All people always judge. No matter how hard you resist it, judgemental is one of human nature which runs in our blood.
The only different is how we frame our judgmental thinking or feeling in our life.
If we really makes our judgement disappear, fashion world will never exist in the first place.
I don’t know whether this is right or wrong, but I think people who always said that have some insecurity about their looks.
They scared to be judged !
What if they didn’t like my looks ? What if my looks is not good enough ? Am I handsome / beautiful enough to hang out with them ? Bla bla bla
Those question fly around their head and makes them self-conscious about themselves. If somebody give them some advice or good critics about their looks, “ Don’t judge a book on its cover “ statement comes out.
People will judge.. None will ever want to take care of your looks, they will only judge.
So let it be like that. Let them have fun judging you. Your only job is work on your looks and make it better.
You can't force others to make them have good judgement, when you ignored the first thing they judge you.
And that's all about How You Looks !
People will perceived who you are from the first time they look at you, consciously or subconsciously.
That’s why many people said “ The first impression is important “
Even you have a high quality personality, a fun attitude or kind hearted, you wont stand a chance to connect with people if you make bad first impression. And those impression is your looks.
You pushed people to get close to you. This is why your looks is an important thing. Sadly, many people ignored this.
There are 2 store who have same products, have a same quality, and same price.
One of them really care about how it looks. It get cleaned everyday, place some beautiful furniture to put their product, decorated the room nicely, and painted the walls with catching eyes color.
But the other store didn’t consider to take care of how it looks. It just cleaned only when it gets dirty. Just place a common furniture ( Not too clean either ), the paint is just like usual home, it doesn’t take any effort to looks good.
Which store you choose ? Of course the first one.
Even the second store has better quality product. People will be more interested to come into the first store first. At least, it was the first choice to look around and see what kind of product it has.
I don’t mean the products offered is not important. They are the first thing you must create of course.
But without considering how it looks, you wont stand a chance to attract more customer than a store who have good quality products while having a great looks.
Some store may take advantages of this. They too much care how their looks but ignore the quality of their products.
But after people buy their product. They will feel deceived and disappointed because it didn’t like their expectation.
Same like people. That comparison work on social life too.
I want you not overdo it either, looks great without considering your personality is a bad idea.
People will disappointed and feel deceived after they know you. In the long run, people love to see you, not to know you !
But this is how powerful your looks are. At least, it make peoples interested to come at you and check it out if you meet their expectation.
What I mean is, looks and quality is on the same boat. Both are important.
Do you want to buy a high quality book but they have a bad packaging ? I'm sure you doubt it qualities before you buy it.
Your looks are about 20% you must invest to have a greater chance expanding social life, opportunity, or perhaps an attractive partner. The rest is your personality, attitude, kindness and so on.
Maybe 20% is a small factor that cause many people ignored or overdoing their looks. But that factor is a gate to opened the rest 80% of who you are. If the gates closed or ignored, how do you expect people comes into you.
So work on both and become 100% of you.
Show to the world the best version of you.
How your looks today ?